Sunday, October 12, 2014

October 5-11

This week seemed better than last week. I worked everyday subbing and Seth had work and school. I've been taking to Mallorie on the phone and it's been nice to catch up with her. The air is getting chillier and the leaves are changing colors!!

***

Sunday, we got to watch general conference in Green River and ate 2 Sunday meals: 1 with the Harrises and one with the Pilches. We got some ideas for Halloween ;) And Seth drove the whole way back to Provo. It was great to see family, but we are always so glad to go to our home at the end of the night. We're so grateful to be married! It's just so happy. Going to bed and waking up to that one person is the best. 


***

monday- family home evening: something that should never be forgotten. I gave a thought about faith, and then it was a busy night of homework and studying for Sethy. We tried making pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes (yum!), but they didn't work out. Pinterest fail. They were just bad... Wouldn't flip... blah blah blah oh well. 

***

tuesday- Seth went wrestling and I watched some gossip girl and made pumpkin cream cheese bread (and cupcakes) Now this turned out yummy and such a great fall treat! Here's the link to the recipe.

 http://www.miss-recipe.com/2014/01/pumpkin-cream-cheese-bread.html?m=1




***

Wednesday and Thursday started the wiener week. I'm kind of ashamed to admit it, but we had various assortments of hotdogs both nights. One night we had pretzel dogs which turned out delicious! I had no idea you had to boil pretzels... But it was awesome. On Thursday, I walked around the Farmer's Market at the stadium and I got the idea for bacon-wrapped hotdogs. They turned out delicious as well and we ate them with Mac and cheese and a freshly cut microgreen salad :) On Wednesday I went visiting teaching and I got to meet my companion and my girls all in one night! It's so nice to visit and talk with the spirit there, and make new friends. Seth played some video games Thursday night and had a test the next day.













***

Friday marked our 4 month anniversary! 

To celebrate, we went to the Pumpkin Festival in Heber which included a train ride, haunted car and picking out a pumpkin. Frankenstein joined us and girls dressed as cats played thriller and expected everyone to dance. It was silly but fun :) Then we walked through a haunted train car and picked out pumpkins to carve! And the drive to Heber through Provo Canyon was BEAUTIFUL!!! 








Prepare for lots of selfies ;)


















Afterwards, we found an old restaurant in a tiny old section of Heber called Snake River Grill. Lucky for us, one reservation never showed so we got in. It was so quaint. Seth is such a sweetheart. He knows how to make me feel special :)







***

Saturday we got to relax!!! Made ableskivers for breakfast, Danish pancake balls, and got to take it easy. Seth watched vampire diaries with me then had to go to school for awhile. For dinner we had Cheesecake Factory and met up with friends from Evanston Kinsey, Cole, Sarah, and Devin. I'm so glad we have them as friends!! They are amazing. We hung out and ate dinner, then went to The Strangling Brothers haunted circus, where we got freaked out as we walked through trailer after trailer of spookiness. Yay for Halloween season!! Seth and I finished the night off with a spooky movie and cuddling :)








***


Halloween is coming up and that makes me so happy.

I'm realizing how important it is to work at relationships to keep them strong.

I'm so lucky to have Seth. 

I'm also so blessed to have the Gospel and the truth. 

-t&s







No comments:

Post a Comment