Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 6 through July 12

 
This summer is blissful. We are getting to know each other more and more, and LOVE getting to come home to each other every night (long distance for 9 months is hard). Summer also brought with it time. Lots and lots of time! And I am thrilled. I don't even have a job, so I have been getting to do all the stuff that I missed during the 1st year of teaching. I finally have time to do all of the things I love, and it feels exhilarating.
 
 
 
 
At the end of August, Seth and I will be moving to Provo (YAY!!!). Seth will be going back to school, which means I need a job. This week, I started gathering teacher materials and documents for applying to be a sub in Provo and Alpine school districts. I've also been getting stuff together to apply for my Utah teaching license, so I can get a higher pay rate when I am subbing.
 
some of my new hobbies... 
 
cooking/meal planning- I've been able to meal plan and cook for my family quite a bit.  It's been such a blessing and way fun! Some things on the menu have included bbq chicken flatbread pizzas on the grill...chicken alfredo lasagna roll-ups on the grill...Seth and I even made cherry pies! From scratch! (that includes pitting the cherries ourselves from Bountiful Baskets)... Ahh. I love cooking!
 


 
 
gardening- So far, I've weeded a bit around the house, trying to beautify our yard. For my mom's birthday (which isn't until the 31st), I planted a bunch of flowers on the porch. But what I'm really excited about are the herbs. I planted some herbs from seed and I'm so excited for when they sprout. I also did a little research, and have been regrowing kitchen fruits and vegetables. I've started lettuce, celery, green onions, pineapple, avocado, garlic, onion, apples, and carrot tops.
 


 
 
We got a few Potentillas for the yard, and I let them sit for awhile before planting them. Like way too long! They were practically dead! haha... oh man. But I'm glad that my super hot husband dugs holes for them and we planted them anyway. Here's to hoping they come back to life. :)
 
Also my dad got a giant thistle that was about as tall as I am.
 
AND...I've been making dirt.
 
 
 
reading- I LOVE THE DIVERGENT SERIES. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
 
cleaning- I clean, but not as much as the beginning of the summer! We have maids that come to help with that :)
 
***
 
One night, my family decided to watch an old western called "Painted Wagon." They had gone to the play in Jackson, so they wanted to watch the movie as well. I hate Westerns with a burning passion. I was in the kitchen with Lily regrowing stuff. But Seth watched some of it (probably because it had Clint Eastwood in it) ;) Later that night, we had a fire in the backyard and roasted marshmallows. Yummm s'mores!
 
***
 
I was honestly already thinking about doing some indexing, but I got a call from my bishop and he actually suggested I started with all the time on my hands. So I did :)
 
***
 
I love the music video of "Try," by Colbie Callait. It teaches girls to love themselves the way they are, without their makeup and hair done and all the fancy things. It has helped me to wear less makeup and accept my natural beauty more. Sethy has always told me that I'm beautiful, though :) 
 
 

***
 
My cute husband and I went on a date to Draper temple and it was wonderful! We love going to the temple together and to just breathe and take a break. Afterwards, we went to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory (for the mizithra and browned butter spaghetti of course). It was Seth's first time and he loved it!! We also went to Divergent because I finished the first book and HAD to see the movie. It was awesome! And there was a guy next to us who mentioned during the previews how strange it was that the main character and his brother from Divergent were in another movie as lovers. We also looked over at him during the movie and he had the hugest grin on his face. It was hilarious and I wish I could remember what part of the movie that was! Afterwards, I spotted a lady that needed some help because she twisted her ankle. I'm glad we could help her. Sethy helped her to the car and she was fine.
 


 
***
 
My aunt Sammy and her family, excluding Dylan came to visit-I'm so sad Dylan couldn't come :( She was one of my best friends in high school and moved away. We had a family bbq at Sherie's house and it was good to see everyone again! Allie made snowcones for everyone. #winner
 
***
 
I also tried making Marsha's potato salad. Just a friendly reminder that eggs should be cooked everyone. haha!
 
-love t&s
 
 
 
 

1 comment: