Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 10 through August 16

 
This week started with more work for Sethy...but things are looking up! This huge project they are doing is coming to an end and I'm so happy about it. I want my husband back.
 
Our furniture is coming along for our new home. My grandparents gave us a dining room table and 6 chairs, and we are so thankful for it! I started refinishing it. My plan is to paint the bottom white and re-do the top (strip it, and make it nice and smooth again). I just don't like how dark it is. The knobs also arrived for the dresser I antiqued I love how it turned out! It's perfect!






FALL is coming!!! And our wreath is done. I can't wait to hang it up. I got everything for it at JoAnn's. Yay for craftiness.
 


Seth and I had a special night watching a lightning storm in the back of his truck. I love rain and rainstorms. They just make me happy. August has been a good month :)
 
 
 
 
Food magic is happening. We got lots of peaches from Aunt Sherie, which were put to good use! We made homemade peach cobbler with double the crumble, and homemade blushing peach freezer jam. I'm so glad it turned out. Last year I tried freezer jam and failed miserably.
 
 
 
Farmer's market food! Tonight I made good use of the eggplant. I've never made it before, but it is eggplant parm and it turned out so delicious.  First things first, slice the eggplant and get extra juices out by pressing them against paper towels. Then, dip each slice into egg and then Italian style bread crumbs. I baked the eggplant for 5-10 minutes on both sides and then wanted it browner to I broiled it as well. Then, I made alfredo sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan and add parmesan, heavy cream and pepper. To add more sauce but not as much fat, I added some of a jar of already made alfredo sauce. It still tasted like the fatty stuff :) Then I made it like lasagna, in a sense. Put some sauce in the bottom of the pan, then start layering.  Eggplant, sauce, mozzarella. eggplant, sauce, mozzarella. Finish it off with cheese and sauce and bake until the top is golden. It is so delicious.
 




Since Seth was going to have a weekend off work, we decided that we needed to get away and have some alone romantic cheesy lovey dovey time :) And it was amazing!! We had a blast!
We drove to Salt Lake and started the night out by going and doing sealings for family names at the Oaquirh Mountain Temple. It was so awesome  and wonderful and it just reminded me so much of when I promised to love Seth forever. Then we went to Sizzler. It was a feast!
 
 


 
 
 




 
 
 
It was a cheap hotel night and the next day we went to Cherry Hill and played a bunch in the water and just relaxed. It was much need and perfect and wonderful. I have the sweetest husband in the world.
 
 




That evening, we checked into the Armstrong Mansion Bed and Breakfast <3
 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
 
-t&s
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

2 comments: