Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 17 through August 23

 
Our Sunday morning started out wonderful! We got out on time (which is good for us lol), and had a breakfast in the beautiful dining room in the Armstrong Mansion. And we got back to Evanston on time to teach primary :)
 

 
 

 
My sister Allie does awesome things, including throwing a back-to-school fashion show for the kiddos! They went from station to station, getting a sticker on their report cards and a prize in their goodie bags. It was brilliant. I managed an art station, but stations included math, school lunch, paper airplanes, registration and writing their names with big-pool-noodles-chalk-at-the-end. Then we had a fashion show and handed out red oreo apple pops.
 



 
{{homemade raspberry freezer jam}}




















 
Allie's been helping me do some wood projects. ah so fun. They're not completely done and in our apartment in Provo-so here are some photos of the progress. Thanks allie! 

 
 
 
this above will have a wooden jackolantern face on it
 


 
also mom is really happy
 


On Friday I got the opportunity to serve at the temple open house in Ogden. It's so beautiful. Service brings happiness, makes life more meaningful. I was able to push wheelchairs through the tour and talk to wonderful people. The rest of the day included Warren's, another temple trip, and shopping!




 
Saturday!! We moved in (but not for good yet). Wow thank you for all the help! Mom and Dad came with a truck and the Harris family was there even before we arrived. While I was doing inventory, they moved the stuff upstairs. thank you ! ! ! Seth and I can't wait to put our house together and make it our home :) Late that night we went to Pizze Pie Café (my first time). Oh how I wish I was there when Seth sang "Save a Horse" during their karaoke night. I love that wild and crazy boy.


 
 
By the way, I'm in love with this next picture. (thanks Sami Jo!)
Until next time,
 
t&s
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment