Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 3 through August 9

We are getting into August now and my husband is still finishing up a 90 hour week. We are so blessed with work and he is making money for us, and it's great for his resume. It's just been getting hard. We miss each other so much, but it's only for a couple more weeks. Tomorrow I have an interview for a substitute teaching position. I am praying that I get it. I have so many butterflies about tomorrow.  Also, we only need 1 more trip to Green River to get all of our stuff and then we'll be moving to Provo :)

This week, I have taken up working out a bit by doing pilates and watching Gossip Girl. I made some meals for the fam including a delicious French dip sandwiches with homemade sweet potato fries. Another night, I made tomato basil flatbread pizza, and Italian cream chicken. Dad said it tasted like chicken stroganoff. I'll take that as a compliment seeing as how he ate it for lunch the next day :)

With fall coming, I've been getting motivated to do some fall crafts. I'll post pics when they are done, but I was at Joann's and I just loved gathering supplies to do some crafts. I'm super excited about this and I hope they turn out as cute as I imagine!

Mom and I went to the farmer's market and got some yumminess :) Homemade energy bars from Aunt LeAnne, Anna's Tamales and empanadas, limeade, cranberry orange bread, tomatoes, garlic, and an eggplant. It's so refreshing and feels good to shop at places like that!
 
Seth and I had a date night with dinner at Sud's and Sethy played his games :) We've been enjoying our little sanctuary in the basement. One night we got McDonalds and watched part of the 10th Kingdom. It is sooo fun to hang out with my husband!
 
I also gave a talk at church about the atonement. During the last school year I didn't really belong anywhere, what with working in Rock Springs, living in Green River, and being in Evanston and Provo so much with my boyfriend/fiancĂ© at the time. So naturally, I hadn't spoken in a while and I was pretty nervous. Seth ended up having the work, so my awesome brother-in-law Mark spoke with me. I didn't tell Bishop ahead of time though so Seth's name was on the program! It was so funny; one lady was so confused. She could have sworn it wasn't my husband up there but he looked just enough alike to make her wonder. But I was so grateful and blessed that day. Sister-in-laws Sarah and bf Wes came to see me, as well as Julia. My parents came to watch. I got lots of compliments, and I felt so much love from everyone. Heavenly Father knows when we need strength and I'm so glad he could have all these loving people be there for me that day.
 
No pictures this time, I'm way behind on blogging :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment