Sunday, November 2, 2014

October 26 through November 1

Sunday!
We had family dinner and Seth and I made cinnamon rolls and salad to go along with Michelle's dinner. We went to Julia's house and she provided yummy drinks! But seriously, I am very proud of these cinnamon rolls! Completely homemade- and they turned out perfectly!! And were so delicious. I'm going to make them again soon :) Cooking and baking are some of my favorite things to do. 


Church this week was at the Marriott Center. We walked there and it was such a pretty cool fall day. The apostle M. Russell Ballard was there and spoke. We had fun with the leaves :)






***

Monday!
For the next little while I'm only working half days, for a teacher that had a baby. It's pretty cool except the school starts early! Ugh, so hard to wake up. But I have all afternoon to do whatever. This week was a toughy... For both of us. The meal planning went out the window and we ate JCW's on Monday. They have delicious burgers!!!

Also, here's a highlight: I finally got my Utah teaching license! Which means I get a raise :)


Halloween nails!


Yes, we drink pop. And recycle the cans ;)

Seth and this guy were having some fun working!

Tuesday! 
Sethy had a math test 👎 and then we went to the ward Halloween party. No, we didn't dress up. But I helped decorate and they had J Dawgs and Swig cookies! Oh my gosh yum!! I love J Dawgs!!!

Also, at our apartment there are no assigned parking spots. The spot that Seth is in... The blue truck, is definitely the best spot for us. It's one happy day if either of us gets it. The bummer is, if we come home late you have to park pretty far away and walk :(



Wednesday....

Wednesday Seth got to go to a UDOT conference in Sandy, UT, with a few other professors and fellow students.  It was a really good networking opportunity and also came with a very elaborate lunch. However right before lunch a lady from the utah food bank spoke about all the individuals in utah that are going without meals that day. Then out came this meal...guilt trip. It was interesting to hear about the life if the lieutenant governor as he spoke to us during lunch as well. Judging by the picture, there were some who did not want to be there. And the flower was a little confusing for seth but he did end up getting everyone at the table to eat their own. 



***
Halloween day!

It was aloha Friday at work for Seth, and they got Chinese. Seth got to see a friend  and got this mysterious fortune cookie.


Our costume inspiration! We had it playing while getting ready.. So fun :)








There was a Halloween special going on at Tucano's so we made a reservation! It was fun; this place is sooo yummy. The waiters were dressed up and one of my favorite things about this place are the Brazilian lemonades! They also have chicken hearts... Which I will not eat and neither will Julia... haha. We went with Julia, Mark and Ashley.





After dinner even with being sooo full, we decided to go to a dance downtown. It was actually kinda warm outside and we danced a bit, had some fun and then headed home. I love hanging out with seth!! He's my whole world. I'm so lucky to have him.


***

Saturday...

Sethy did some work at school. I cleaned a bit, did my nails and watched Once Upon a Time. I'm actually addicted to this show. It's really good and about fairy tales! Ahh love it :) 

Seth got home and we made some awesome nacho cheese dip and had some relaxing time. We've been watching Blacklist together, and it's good!! It's freaky and scary too. We relaxed and had  some good quality time. Here's what you put in this cheese dip!!!

1 pound cooked beef
1 32 oz package of velveeta
1 can rotel
So good!




***

We made a trip to the temple to do a session on Saturday night, which we're counting for our October trip! The temple is a great place to just recommit and feel closer to God. I did a family name which was special. I really felt God's love for me when we went, and I'm so thankful for that. I really needed it.



Until next week...
Xoxo
t&s

No comments:

Post a Comment