Friday, December 12, 2014

December 7-13


On Sunday, we had a family dinner of just us and the Nixons- white chicken chili. Yum :) It's good to talk and catch up with people. That night we started nights of making Christmas treats! We watched the Christmas devotional as we started. :)
 

***


We had a busy start of the week, but Wednesday was Seth and I's 6 month anniversary!! Time flies! Oh my gosh I can't believe it's already been 6 months since I married my best friend :) I have so much appreciation for God's plan for us. It's just so revolved around family and love and it really does bring so much joy. I can only imagine when we start having kids how our love is going to grow so much. Just the fact that our hearts and souls are capable of feeling so much love is amazing to me, and I'm happy that I can experience it with Seth in our marriage. :) <3


***

Thursday was a busy day. 

Thursday was my little sister Hanna's birthday!!! She turned 18! I drove up and met my mom, Hanes, oldest sister and niece at the Grand America Hotel where we had High Tea. It was such a fancy place and so delicious! I'm grateful I got to spend some time with them :) They brought out a jasmine flower in tea and as time went on it bloomed in the cup. Then we ordered tea (and they had a bunch of organic herbal which I was happy about!) Then we got treats like scones, finger sandwiches, and desserts. Yum!!! Macaroons, sugar drop candy, cookies, chocolate mousse in a chocolate cup, lemon cream somethings with raspberries... Wow! 

Hanna, you've always been one of my best friends. I love you baby sister.


Pictured below is the bathroom. The BATHROOM. Each stall was like an individual room; and each stall had it's own chandelier. lol


Here are some more pics from Allie's phone:) (hope you don't mind I'm using these Allie!)


Later on, the Harris's came over (Marsha and Eric), along with the usual Provo bunch and Grandma and Grandpa. Marsha brought dinner and I tried to prepare the house for everyone. It was a good time. Family is so important in this world.


Seth needs this sweatshirt... :)
After dinner, Eric stayed the night and the boys played some video games. I was so tired I just went to bed.

***

Friday
Long day of work for me, and school for Seth. I practiced a song to sing in church after work for awhile with the group, and then waited for Seth to be done. We went out to Green Panda, a Chinese restaurant and it was really good!! And later relaxed at home. Love weekends with my husband.


***

Saturday!!!
We went out to eat at The Pie Pizzeria. Oh my gosh, I love this place! It was so good, and so cool. It's located by University of Utah and downstairs in the basement. At dinner we had a guy come up to us and say how he was a photographer from Colorado and how we are a lovely couple and how he notices that kind of thing or something. It was so sweet!

Then we made a pit stop at Trader Joe's, looked around and got a few things including yummy cookie butter. 😏😲😄


Later on, we went to temple square where there were a million people! The City Creek parking lot was full and we ended up parking just on a random street and walking. The lights were pretty, and we walked around and went and saw #sharethegift, the LDS church's Christmas video. It's a good reminder of what Christmas is really about.


Seth and I picked up Sarah from the airport because she's home for Christmas break from D.C.!



***

thankful for: that school has ended. that this year is so muh better than last year

family goals- scripture study and prayer everyday in the living room, being a little healthier by taking vitamins everyday.

excited for: San Francisco! Playing with Mira, seeing family, exploring and taking walks with Seth, taking lots of pictures, seeing amazing things, being by the ocean for a whole WEEK!

xoxo
t&s

No comments:

Post a Comment