Tuesday, December 2, 2014

November 30 through December 6


Holy cow! This week was kinda rough. Seems like trial after trial. But we got through it and then some. I can see Heavenly Father's hand in our lives, with the small blessings and wonderful moments that we've had. But we're doing well.

***

We got back Saturday night from our trip to New Mexico, so we decided to stay home after church and recuperate. It was nice. We made food we had around, which needed up being really good (pasta, sauce, salad, meatballs, rolls). I love how we have a home together, and we never have to say goodbye on Sundays. Last year, every Sunday was the worst. Now they are just nice :)

At church, Seth and I signed up for a Family History class. I love finding temple names and just learning about my ancestors. We are getting Seth's tree set up too! The yearning to just do more and more I think testifies of the prophecy "hearts of the children shall turn to their fathers." It's a wonderful work to be done.

On Sunday night, we took down the fall decorations and started putting up the winter/Christmas stuff! Yay!!! So excited!

***

Monday--
I worked a half day today and Seth had school. 
Family home evening.
Continued Christmas decor.
Quality time is the bomb with my Sethy. Just being with each other and relaxing! Ah so nice to be married.

Tonight I made Alton Brown's homemade Mac & Cheese. It turned out better than when I've made it in the past. We ate it with corn, and it was soooo gooood. Seriously, this Mac & Cheese is amazing. Make sure to not overcook it. At the end, you just mix everything in and when the cheese is melted it's ready.

Check it out!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/stove-top-mac-n-cheese-recipe.html

***
Middle of the week ish--- I made and put up more Christmas decorations. Watched Grey's Anatomy (yes, I started it from the beginning ;)) Did laundry and boring stuff. But here are our Christmas decorations!! Got most of it from Hobby Lobby, and Christmas stuff is all half off! 👌













(And a funky pic of the wreath)


***

Friday.

I worked a full day at school and Seth and I had decided to go and do sealings from family names that I found for our date night. We had 20 sealings!!! And did all of them. We had some people in our session to help us, and even ended up seeing a couple from the temple at the Mall on Saturday. Weird. But anyways, there was only one couple, a couple daughters, and a lot of sons. I'm so happy that we could do this. Then we got pizza at one of our favorite places- Nicolitalias. :)











***

Saturday--
The weekend is always the best. We got up and I made sethy breakfast in bed- we relaxed and got ready and went to the mall! We found a cheap phone case for Seth on groupon,and went to the temple with Mark. We did an endowment session and the boys used names that Marsha found. So awesome!


Um yeah... We had fun with Seth's new phone ;) 😉








Later that night...
Ate some pizza, went to the ward Christmas party, grocery shopping... And Grey's. Lots of Grey's. 

(These are so gross!) haha


So thankful for Seth. Our little family. And that the semester is coming close to ending. 





xoxo
t&s




No comments:

Post a Comment