Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Birthday Week


Well, you never know what life is going to throw at you. This week I reconnected with someone and I'm so happy about it. 


On Monday, I watched a butt ton of One Tree Hill and made a Valentine's Ceaft that I found online. Seth and I went to the gym together, and made dinner together. Then we had FHE about love and we took the Love Languages quiz online. Lately we've been having pantry food that we've had forever. But today I did buy some produce (smoothies here we come again!) Seth played video games with his brothers and I read a bunch of stuff. The book club book this month is "No Doubt About It," by Sheri Dew. I've read it before, but long ago when everything seemed happy-go-lucky. Something rang really true though that has been happening to me, and I've been letting it go on for far too long. And it's about Lucifer, Satan, the Devil. He wants me to rise to an unhealthy, defeating, discouraging level of perfection. God knows that it will be impossible in this life to achieve perfection, but Satan wants us to think that we need to be perfect now. He loves using guilt on us in a way that makes us so defeated and miserable, whereas the Holy Ghost inspires us to do a little better and be a little better. Sadly, I've let this go on and affect me in terrible ways. And least now I remember that those mean feelings to myself DONT come from God. They come from someone that wants me to be unhappy and feeling like I will always fall short, no matter what. It sucks.

Seth and I have been reading scriptures together in the morning, which has made a really big difference. I get so much more out of it than reading from phones in bed before we fall asleep. And on Sundays, we read half an hour. We also decided last week that we are gonna try and go on a walk together every Sunday. I've also been reading scriptures on my own. The more I read, the more I want to read. Funny how that happens.

Also on my rant I'll say this: Provo isn't my favorite place in the world.

***

On Tuesday, Ashley did my hair and I felt so pretty on that day. It looks good! And we got to hang out just us girls.


***


Friday was my bIrThDaY! I feel like I'm in middle school when I do that capital-lowercase thing. But Seth sure did make me feel special, and more people did too.  Made me breakfast in bed, and gave me a massage even while I was eating it! He just is so sweet and wonderful. Later he brought me flowers, then my parents came down to Provo and took me to lunch and hung out! It was so nice of them. Awhile after Seth was done with school for the day, we headed to Salt Lake and went to Olive Garden (thanks for the gift card Marsha and Joe!), then went to Anniversary Inn and stayed in theVenice  suite :) There were rose petals strewn about the floor and it was just oh-so romantic. Seth even brought my presents and snacks for the night into the room. Awe :)














***

We had a nice day of love and I'm so grateful for our eternal love and commitment we have for each other. I'm so lucky to have Seth as my hubby. He really is just a precious sweet wonderful guy.

-t&s 

No comments:

Post a Comment