Monday, September 29, 2014

Sept 21 through Sept 27

 
Our home is officially ready for the season of pumpkins, costumes, leaves changing colors, scares, boots, scarves, and cool breezes. Our first fall together as a married couple and it is going to be perfect :)
 
***
 
I've been working half days lately, which has given me some extra time to decorate and finish crafts that I put off for awhile! The pumpkin table runner is simply a piece of fabric with sewed brown edges. The BOO is made of cardboard letter modpodged with paper and decorated with Halloween stickers :) Then there's a fabric tassel garland strung with twine, and pumpkins, gourds and candles.
 
***
 
 



 







 
 
Special dinner this week was quesadillas and stuffed peppers with taco meat and cheese, and a rice bake. We ate out a lot otherwise. Got another Boba slush, which might be my new favorite thing :)
 
 

 
 
***
 
 
Sethy cut himself out of the picture! >:(
Brought him McDonalds one day at school. I love seeing that man.
I had my first McBangnWanger with him on that fateful day.



 
 
 
***
 
Sethy and his work buddies :)
 
 
 
 
***
 
 
Friday night is date night at our house, always and forever. Tonight we served in the House of the Lord. Just looking and driving by the temple makes me feel peaceful and happier. Inside is even better. We printed a bunch of cards from family search, and had a great night. Then we got dinner at JCW's and watched New Girl :)

 
 
On Saturday, Seth and I met up with the girls. We ate at Olive Garden (!!!) and then went to Womens' Conference while Seth rode public transportation for an assignment. Womens' Conference is a general meeting for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for girls, young women, and women. It was a great meeting and the Spirit was there... They talked about the temple and covenants we've made and adding oil to our lamps (doing things every day to become better and show our faith and make our testimony grow). President Dieter F. Uchtdorf talked about living the Gospel joyfully. The Gospel makes me happy. It lets me know that I can be with my family forever, and go back to my Heavenly parents, and that we all have a divine potential. It's a Gospel of hope and peace.
 



 
 


 


 
 




 

 




 
 



This is proof that women love chocolate...there was
a huge line at the chocolate factory after the conference.
So funny!

 
 
LUSH LUSH LUSH!!!! Being in that store lights me up. I love it. And Seth spoiled me ;)
 
 




 
 
We walked around City Creek and watched the fountain. I don't know how... But they lit the water on fire. It was cool.
 




 
 





***
 


 
 
 
This week I started microgreens. Peas, blood beet, and broccoli. It's totally awesome.





 
I started making fall treats! The groceries included lots of pumpkin and cream cheese...Yum :) So far I've made pumpkin spice buddies and pumpkin cupcakes. There are so many more treats to come!
 
 
***
 
 
Until next week!
 
 
-t&s





No comments:

Post a Comment